Friday, August 19, 2005

Harajuku Style

One of the great things about Japan is the youth culture. There's a famous area in Tokyo called Harajuku where the crazy fashion kids hang out. They really go all out with whatever they're doing, whether its recycled clothing, vampire, or Elegant Goth Lolita (a very common one). A lot of high school students come in from the suburbs on the weekends and hang out in Harajuku on the bridge next to Yoyogi park. If you've seen any photos of these kinds of people, odds are they were on that bridge.

The kids in this photo have done themselves up in crazy patchwork kimonos. When I first took this photo I thought I had messed it up because it was blurry. I didn't think any of the kids even noticed me, but one of them had his Japan Photo Radar on. I swear it's impossible to take a photo of Japanese youngsters without them flashing a little peace sign. These kids are actually in Shinjuku, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home